
The elder on the right is our new office assistant. The elder on the left is finishing his mission in a week and will be heading home to Victor, ID. We are really enjoying Elder Edwards in the office. He's a very diligent missionary. Our office elders are wonderful.

This is a sight that is very common in Sendai. This is a persimmon tree. There are trees that have now lost all their leaves, but they still have the fruit on them. It is a popular fruit here and they use it in lots of things. It is not something we've acquired a taste for yet. There is always hope, but not much.

Dad wanted to show you how he dresses for bed. He wears his stocking hat, fleece pajamas plus a long-sleeved t-shirt, and sox. Just to make sure he's warm enough, we have a double flannel blanket, a bedspread, and a down-alternative comforter on the bed. We are saving the electric blanket for when it gets really cold! He's comfy and I can't move much for the weight of all the covers. We do keep warm. Our little kerosene heater in the living room has a timer on it, so we wait for 15 minutes after it comes on to get out of bed in the morning. We run to the living room and warm up for awhile before we shower, dress, and get ready for our day. It's quite a sight. I'm glad no one is around to video us.

This is your dad before he started eating his vegetables! He looks some better now, as you can see from the pajama picture. He was almost skin and bones until he gained some weight. He has had a hard time for the last few days. He's felt like he's trying to pass a kidney stone and has been in a lot of pain. It may just be a kidney infecton. He's promised to go to the doctor tomorrow. We have to take someone with us who speaks Japanese. If we aren't careful he's going to look like this (the above picture) again.
Seriously, we are doing well--except for the kidney problem, and we are loving our missionary service. We think of all of you and hope your holiday season is filled with love and service for others. We know that is what the Savior would have us do to celebrate His birth. We will try to do the same. Keep warm and safe. So far our coldest weather is in the 40s during the day and down to 29 at night. Usually, however, it's in the upper 40s and 50s during the day and in the high 30s to low 40s at night. We really can't complain. (Dad says I'm being pretty generous with my temps.)
Take good care of each other and spend time together during the holidays making memories that will last you a lifetime. Also, it wouldn't hurt if you posted on the blog. We might start a tradition for the New Year!!!
4 comments:
Do you really wear a hat to bed dad? I'm so sorry to hear about the kidney problem. If there is something I can send you to help, please call me.
Yeah me too. Have I ever told you that I am so jealous? Well I am!!!!
I've been dressing like that for bed lately too (minus the hat). It has been very cold here. Snowy too.
Thanks for the pictures and the posting. They're always fun to read.
Sorry about the kidney trouble. We're glad you're feeling better.
I had to wear a hat to bed when we were at girls camp to stay warm too. I love you guys! Merry Christmas!!
Love,
Racquel
Post a Comment