
This post is for our grandchildren. We haven't yet published a blog entry for you so here it is. Japan is a fascinating place. It's full of new exciting things to see. Let your imaginations run wild as you look at these pictures. Missionaries don't go into the deep, dark woods. They just stand in front of them and have their picture taken.

There are lots of spys around like this bird who is keeping an eye on us. We couldn't tell if he is an official, or just a pickpocket waiting for a good opportunity.

New year's is over so all of the beautiful lanterns are being taken down until next year arrives. This worker didn't want anyone to know that he is taking the lantern, so he covered his face. But it's too late, I got his picture and he'll never get away with it. I bet that he doesn't get farther than the storage shed. By then he'll have cold feet. His shoes were not made for winter weather. It's no wonder that he has a cold and is covering his face. (That's what they do in Japan when they have a cold.)

Who says that kids can't have fun? This elephant will spit you out in an instant, but you can always go back in for another ride, then she'll spit you out again. Do you know how I can tell this is a girl?. She has yellow ears.

The seals like winter in Japan. They sit in the snow with their noses in the air, not moving a muscle. In fact, I bet they're sill sitting there just like they were in this picture. They look out over the ocean and wait for warm weather.

Now it's time for your imagination to run wild. The pirates have taken over this ship. Can you tell what it was carrying before all of the loot was taken away by the pirates? Now all that is left is an empty shell with one pirate left to light the ship with his torch. Put your mouse on this picture and left click to make it bigger. Can you see the mate who is on guard? Maybe next time I can tell you what he has between his teeth. For now, tell him goodnight (Oyasuminasai) and let him put out his torch.
You better save up time for great outings and stories for when we get home. I bet that we can explore some fun places together. We probably better take Grandma with us because she loves you too and she'll bring the cookies and other treats.
2 comments:
I know I'm not one of the grandkids, but fun post! Thanks!
Ryan
Did real pirates realy take over the ship?
Love, Isaac and Hailey
Post a Comment